This stego challenge was pretty fun, it took me a bit of time to figure out the last parts, but I definitely learned a little bit more about how to attack challenges like these! Let’s get into it.
The only file provided was a PNG with three characters (Figure 1). The first thing to check of course is the image metadata. I pulled up fotoforensics.com, uploaded the image and pulled up the image metadata info (Figure 2). Conveniently, there was a tag called ‘Hint’, which linked to yet another PNG over on imgur. I pulled that image down and repeated the process above, but nothing else was revealed.